- huisCSI Effect Theory: Strategies and Viewshuis
- huisFederal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): Laboratory Serviceshuis
- huisNational Institute of Justice (NIJ): Forensic Scienceshuis
- huisRegional Computer Forensics Laboratory (RCFL)huis
Information about the effectiveness of criminal justice technology can be found on the huisCrimeSolutions website. Operated by OJP's National Institute of Justice (NIJ), huisCrimeSolutions uses rigorous research to inform practitioners and policy makers about what works in criminal justice, juvenile justice, and crime victim services. Visit the Technology & Forensics section of the site to view research on program effectiveness reviewed and rated by CrimeSolutions Researchers and Reviewers.
View the following websites for additional publications and resources:
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ): Forensic DNA: This section of the NIJ website provides extensive information on DNA, including NIJ-sponsored research and development projects.
- Short Tandem Repeat DNA Internet Database (STRBase): This website brings together the abundant literature on forensic DNA.
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS): This organization is committed to the promotion of education and the elevation of accuracy, precision, and specificity in the forensic sciences.
- International Association for Identification (IAI): The IAI is the largest and oldest forensic organization.
- PubMed: PubMed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine that includes over 17 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles dating back to the 1950s. The PubMed site includes links to full-text articles and other related resources.